5 Benefits of Probiotics for Women
You're probably wondering what all this healthy gut-healthy body talk is about. It's not just you.
We’re here to give you all the important info so you can do right by your gut.
Why these good bacteria are actually great
The word that's been buzzing around the world of wellness is probiotics. If you're not sure what they are, or what they do, here's a simple explanation.
Your body has trillions of microorganisms, most of them in your gut, where a whopping 70% of your immune system resides. Not all are beneficial, so getting the balance right is key to optimal health. That's where these good bacteria come in. They boost your immunity, promote glowing skin, ensure comfort during those days, help you lose weight and so much more!
Here are five reasons why you should’ve started taking probiotic supplements last week.
As mentioned above, your gut is home to about 70% of your immune cells, and that's where probiotics do their magic. They tell your immune system who's a friend and who's a foe. But their role is not only to educate – they also fight off harmful bacteria and viruses, acting as a natural defence mechanism.
Menstrual comfort and vaginal health
Do cramps, pain, digestive problems or bloating during your cycle get in the way of you living your life to the fullest? Girls, we feel for you. Probiotics can be powerful allies during your cycle. They can help you maintain a balanced gut flora, which in turn can help with your bloating and mood swings.
Probiotics also balance your vaginal ecosystem. This creates an environment that's less prone to infection and imbalance.
Skin health and appearance
With the help of probiotics, you can also say goodbye to the daily popping of pimples. These multi-purpose bacteria help reduce acne outbreaks and treat dry skin and eczema. What is more, they can absorb nutrients, ensuring that your body gets the building blocks it needs to maintain healthy skin.
Bloating and digestion
Imbalanced gut flora equals bloating. Probiotics help break down food, absorb nutrients and flush out bad bacteria. This improves digestion and can reduce the chance of undigested food particles fermenting in the gut and causing bloating.
Weight loss support
So, you do a lot of exercise, eat well, but those extra pounds just won't go away? Don't get frustrated, you're doing great! Maybe you simply need more friendly bacteria. Probiotics also have an impact on the way your body regulates appetite and affects fat storage.
Specialized vs. broad-spectrum probiotics
When choosing between specialised probiotics and broad-spectrum probiotic supplements, take your health goals and preferences into account. If you have a specific health issue, a specialized probiotic might be a better option. And if you're looking for general well-being and want to support different aspects of your health, a broad-spectrum probiotic is the way to go.
Your gut deserves the best
By now you're probably wondering which probiotic will give you the all-in-one solution. Here's a quick guide to help you choose the right one.
- When buying a probiotic, look for the one with a variety of strains as these strains work together to create a balanced gut environment. You want a mix of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium strains as these are among the most studied and effective types of probiotics. These include strains such as L. acidophilus, L. plantarum, B. longum, and B. bifidum.
- The effectiveness of a probiotic is often linked to the number of colony-forming units (CFUs) it contains. Go for products with higher CFU counts, typically 10 to 50 billion CFUs per serving.
- Keep an eye out for other ingredients that can boost probiotic effectiveness. Dandelion, for example, helps maintain the balance of good bacteria in the gut. Zinc is essential for the normal functioning of the immune system. Biotin supports the mucous membranes that protect you from harmful organisms. It also keeps your energy levels up.
- Check if the product has received third-party test certifications. This ensures that the company meets quality and safety standards.
Feeling amazing starts with Good Gut!
Want to get rid of that big belly? Tired of those colds? Do you dream of glowing skin? Say no more! You'll feel your best 24/7 with our amazing prebiotic and probiotic supplement.
Our Good Gut premium formula supports the gut microbiota with 11 probiotic strains, promotes good gut bacteria and strengthens the gut lining, your first line of defence against harmful microbes.
Why you’ll love it:
- strengthens skin, nails and hair
- boosts immune function
- increases energy levels
- supports the gut
Explore our all-in-one gut health solution here!