To make your yoga experience as pleasant and effective as possible, do it calmly, slowly and pay attention to your form. Activate your core muscles - they'll help you keep your balance and protect your spine.
Listen to your body; if something hurts, stop. Notice your breathing - breath in and out through your nose.
Now all you need is a mat, a calm space, some comfortable clothes and 5 minutes of your time.
Sweet dreams yoga
- Come to a sitting position and notice the natural flow of your breath.
- Child's pose. Take a few deeper breaths here.
- Walk both hands towards the left for a side body stretch. Switch sides.
- Come back to the sitting position - do a few shoulder rolls. ...
- Interlock the fingers, twist the palms and extend the elbows, pull it back to the chest, repeat a couple of times...
- Interlock the fingers behind your back and pull the interlocked hands away from the body.
- Lie down on your back, bring the right knee towards the chest and pull it across the body for a twist.
- Bring the right foot inside of the left thigh for a tree pose - lift the arms over your head and grab the opposite elbows.
- Repeat the twist and the tree pose on the other side.
- Happy baby pose - hug the knees into the chest, grab the outside edges of your feet and rock from side to side.
- Come back to the crossed-legged position. Take 3 deep breaths - inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth.
- Have a good sleep!
- Come to a stable standing position, lift your arms as you inhale, bring them down towards the chest with an exhale. Repeat 5 times.
- Bend over towards the floor and find your way back to standing with an inhale. Repeat 3 times.
- Reach your left leg up and hold it for 3 full breaths before stepping it down into a lunge. Find some movement back and forth.
- Step your front foot back into a plank. Hold it for 3 full breaths. ...
- Release the knees down, lower all the way to the floor.
- Place the hands under the shoulders, lift the chest and shoulders off the floor, coming into a cobra. Repeat 3 times.
- Tuck you toes and lift your hips up, coming into a downward facing dog.
- Lift the left leg up and step it forward between your hands. Lift the arms up, coming into a warrior pose.
- Shorten the distance between the feet, extend your front leg and gently release the chest forward.
- Bend the front knee, lift the right leg up. Slowly lift the hands towards the chest. Find the balance.
- Find your way up to standing, pulling the right knee towards the chest. Release the foot coming back into a standing position.
- Repeat the whole sequence on the other side.
- Before you finish, bring the hands towards the body and take a few calming breaths.
- Have a great day!
Mid-day cup of yoga
- Come into a squat with your elbows pressing against the thighs. Release the hips low towards the floor. Deepen the breath.
- Come to your hands and knees, round your back like a cat as you inhale, release the belly down as you exhale. Repeat 5 times.
- Extend your right arm and left leg. Pull the knee and the elbow towards the center. Repeat 3 times on each side.
- Walk your hands forward, melt the forehead, chest and the belly down towards the floor. Hold for 3 full breaths. ...
- Come back to your hands and knees. Open the right arm up to the sky, release it towards the floor placing it under the left armpit. Repeat on the other side.
- Come to lie on your back. Keep your knees bend. Lift the hips up with control. Repeat 5 times.
- Interlock the fingers behind your back and pull the fists towards the floor. Hold for 3 full breaths.
- Hug the knees towards the chest, gently rock from side to side..
- Move your knees in a circular motion, massaging your lower back.
- Bring the soles of the feet to touch as you let the knees fall towards the floor. Rest your hands on the body. Take 5 full breaths.
- Extend your arms and your legs. Relax the body. Stay here as long as you can, coming back to the natural breathing.
- Enjoy the rest of your day!