Not slimming down even though you're working out? This is why!
Why aren't you losing weight even though you have an active lifestyle? We have the answers you're looking for.
Is running on the treadmill not helping you lose fat? Do you often wonder why? Find your answers below!
1. Do you exercise on an empty stomach? Stop it! When carbohydrates aren't available, the body has to get energy by converting protein into sugars. You don't want that! If you can't eat before exericising, we suggest you try a simple smoothie.
2. Are you a bit too enthusiastic about your post-exercise meals? We all know muscles need replenishing and rehydrating after a good workout. It's normal to be hungrier after starting a workout regimen so overeating is an easy trap to fall into. For your recovery meal, aim for about 20 grams of protein to regenerate muscles and a bit of carbohydrates to replenish your glycogen stores.
3. Your body may be backed up by toxins. Doing a detox can be very beneficial to losing weight - it relieves your liver and kickstarts the weight-loss process, while getting rid of excess water that's giving you a bloated and puffy look.
4. Are you under a lot of stress? When our bodies are under stress they produce a hormone called cortisol. When you're exposed to cortiosl for longer periods of time, it starts showing negative effects, like storing stubborn fat in areas you don't want. Take time to relax, do something enjoyable and, most importantly, get a good night's sleep!
5. Are you not eating enough? It sounds counterintuitive, we know, but sometimes, if your calorie count is very low (under the recommended value), your body can actually SLOW down its metabolism and try to store whatever it can get. Don't starve yourself!
6. Snacks, sweets and alcohol. You may be having a few too many snacks over the course of your day. It's very easy to overdo it: you're between meals, you get hungry so you reach for that chocolate bar, open a packet of crisps in front of the telly or you relax by having a pint or a cocktail in the evening. Those things are fine in moderation, but they really add up if you're doing them regularly. Be mindful of what goes into your body!
Products for you